Welcome to Snowstar Winter Park
Located just above the Mississippi River, Snowstar Winter Park is a family oriented resort just minutes outside the Quad Cities in Andalusia, Illinois. We offer a wide variety of trails and terrain park offering features that change weekly that are sure to satisfy skiers and boarders of all abilities.
Learning to ski or snowboard is easier here than ever. Our trained instructors will teach you the key skills needed to allow you to fully enjoy our slopes and runs safely.
With our State of the Art Snowmaking equipment, we consistently have snow even when you don't have any in your backyard!
Not into skiing or boarding? No worries! You can enjoy our tube hill that is now 11 lanes wide (one super-lane), and is serviced by a friendly magic carpet making your trip to the top easy. This allows you enjoy ride after ride down the hill. We have added a new warming hut, and yes, we kept the ever popular fire pit. We now offer a "Family Season Pass" for tubing! A family of four pays a "one-time fee" of $249 and enjoys unlimited Tubing. Check hours of operation, they differ from our Ski/Board hours.
Let us show you that coming to Snowstar is your winter get away right here in your backyard. Snowstar is where you can have a blast and create adventure and memories that truly last a lifetime!
Changes At Snowstar!
Big changes are happening at Snowstar Winter FUN Park! As we enter into our 36th year, change is a word that we’ve embraced. Under new management, Snowstar is undergoing dramatic changes with our guests and employees squarely in mind. Expect to be wowed when you come. Our fresh new look includes colors, attractive signage, a whole new brand/logo and many fun events and amenities including our Happy Joe's PizzaGrille. Our new fiber optic fed Wi-Fi will allow you to share your videos and messages with all your friends and family. Yes Snowstar is changing for the better and you don’t want to miss experiencing all the change and the FUN!
- Valley Floor: 528 ft.
- Summit: 790 ft.
- Vertical: 262 ft
- 28 Acres
- 25% Beginner
- 50% Intermediate
- 25% Advanced
- Longest Run – 3/4 Mile
Average Length of Season
- Early December through mid-March
- Typically 75 days (but can last as long as 100 days)
Shooting Star "Xtream"Tubing Hill, Sponsored by Mediacom
- Eleven lanes
- 68’ vertical drop
- Serviced by Magic Carpet
- Variety of terrain park features throughout our designated area, which are updated frequently.
- Offering a wide range of skill level features for freestlye skiers and boarders.
- Lit deck in the center of our terrain park provides the freestyle area a safe and accessible viewing for your fan base.
- Offering jumps, rails, and boxes for all levels of freestlye riding.
- Slopetsyle contests and rail jams held annually (Check on our calander of events)
6,000 sq ft Lodge (newly remodeled)
- Restrooms and lockers can be found here.
- Joe's Grab-N-Go and Tap Room - lower level with flat screen TVs and fireplace
- Happy Joe's PizzaGrille - Upper level of our Lodge
- Meteor Patio that offers a heated floor, warming elements, plenty of seatng with cook-outs at the Barbeque Hut. Don't miss the sunsets here!
- Don't miss our House Band - The SnoKats - "the coldest band playing the hotest hits on the slopes"
- 1,300+ Shaped Skis
- 300+ Snowboards with a variety of bindings
- Ski & Snowboard Boots
Little Dipper Learning Center
- Featuring a Magic Carpet
- Trained & PSIA/AASI Certified Instructors
- Lessons for ALL ability levels
- Private and Group
- Just for Kids Program
- Visit the Learning Center to find out more!
- We are able to provide snow necessary for a 75 - 100 day season.
- Consistent and systematic improvements to our snowmaking system throughout the years have significantly enhanced our ability to keep fresh snow on our trails for your winter fun.
- Get more details on our Snow Making & Grooming page.
- Uphill capacity of 10,500 per hour
- Two Quad Chairs
- One Double-Double
- One Rope Tow
- Two Magic Carpets
- National Ski Patrol (highly trained) staffing at all times